Announcing the Winner of the Raptor Maps Contest
Thank you to everyone who participated in Raptor Maps’ first drone inspection contest focused on solar farm inspections!
We held a drone inspection contest last month to promote Raptor Maps’ analytics product, Thermal PV Inspections and Analytics, and showcase some of the best drone pilots, service providers, and aerial thermographers on Earth. We had entries from all over the world, including inspections of PV systems ranging from small commercial rooftop PV systems to utility-scale solar power plants. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Congratulations to Yuji Kuwamizu at afterFIT, the winner of 10 megawatts (MWdc) of free Raptor Maps Artificial-Intelligence (AI) software analysis and PV system inspection reports and 1 free year of the Raptor App in our ‘Raptor Maps’ contest. His contest entry solar inspection data was reviewed by Raptor Maps’ automated software solution and the analytics were used to create a PV system inspection .PDF report, as well as online report, .KML, and Excel (see below).
Our judges evaluated all entries based on data quality. The highest quality data was defined as the following:
- Thermal images were radiometric (R-JPEG, thermal TIFF)
- Images were geotagged and timestamped
- Images were free from glare
- Images were free from motion blur
- Cell and module level defects could be seen (typically 5.5 cm/pixel or less ground sampling distance)
- The solar installation was completely captured without missing any modules
- In the event of a tie, the data collected at the fastest data collection speed (MWdc/min) wins
About Afterfit Co., Ltd. Afterfit Engineering Co., Ltd. (afterFIT):
afterFIT is headquartered in Okayama City, Japan with several branch offices throughout Japan. The company provides development, construction, maintenance, and maintenance of large solar power plants throughout the Japanese solar market.