Careers at Raptor MapsJoin our team.
Raptor Maps is Hiring
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing Boston-based startup that builds software to manage solar farm maintenance and construction with drones. We work with customers across the solar industry, including owners, builders, operators, and drone service providers. We currently have customers across 18 countries and are the industry leaders, with 25 million solar panels under management. We are located at Greentown Labs (the world’s largest cleantech incubator), in Union Square Somerville, and funded by Y Combinator.
We are looking for software engineers, customer support, salespeople, data analysts, and makers to join our small, fast-paced team. Apply by sending an email to email@example.com with your resume, LinkedIn, and a brief statement of interest.
Customer Success Specialist
We are looking to hire a full-time Customer Success Specialist.
The Customer Success Specialist will directly support our ultimate goal of providing a high-quality experience to our global customers in the renewable energy industry. The position will require a strong candidate who enjoys communicating with customers, building relationships, problem solving, and creating training/support materials. Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to learn quickly are a must! Familiarity with the solar industry and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) (i.e. drones) are a plus.
Start Date: May/June 2019
About the Position
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Fielding inbound calls and emails to answer how-to questions and provide support and guidance to both customers and partners around the world
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with our customer base.
- Interacting directly with our customers to answer questions, resolve issues quickly, and offer product education.
- Providing technical support and coordination to customer and partner drone pilots to ensure high-quality data capture.
- Providing regular qualitative and quantitative feedback to our team to increase customer satisfaction.
- Developing deep knowledge of Raptor Maps software
- Creating training and support documentation on the use of Raptor Maps software, and the safe, efficient operation of drones for solar applications.
- 1+ years of experience in a client-facing customer success and/or technical support role.
- Professional, clear, and informative verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Proficient with software products used in a professional setting.
- Ability to establish rapport with local and international customers and field a high number of calls and emails per day.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and customer needs
- Ability to consolidate customer support inquiries and create clear documentation and processes to improve customer experience.
- Ultimate responsibility and accountability for customer satisfaction, and training materials.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to learn technical processes through a combination of training manuals, online forums, and hands-on experience.
- Interested in building technical skills
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Experience with operating drones
- Familiarity with the solar energy industry
- Spoken and written fluency in any of the following languages: Spanish, Italian, French, German, Japanese
Software Quality Assurance Contractor
Raptor Maps software is used by a global customer base in the clean energy sector. We have a contract position available for 6-10 hours per week for testing and quality assurance of our software products and applications.
- Use, test, review new features and existing software features of software applications and products to ensure quality
- Review product specifications and follow checklists
- Determine that software applications meet product specifications
- Report and communicate findings with software engineering team on a weekly basis
- Access to a computer and strong internet
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Conceptual understanding of technologies used to develop websites and software
Back End Software Engineer
We’re looking for software engineers that have experience with backend engineering and can learn new things quickly, have a strong growth mindset, and can move throughout the architecture as needed. You most likely have familiarity with various backend languages like Python, Node, or Java, databases, messaging/task systems, and worked with cloud architectures like AWS or GCP. We’re looking for engineers that have worked on building scalable systems as we grow to meet demand. Experience with geo-location concepts, APIs, image processing, dev-ops, or renewable energy are pluses.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Front End Software Engineer
Your primary role will be to make sure we are delivering the best results and the best experience to our customers. You will need to be able to learn quickly and use new software tools. You will provide valuable insight into our quick-paced product development process. Any previous experience with mapping, drones, or geospatial information systems is a big plus.
Skills: Strong computer and communication skills.
You will drive our growth by educating our customer base and attracting new customers through various types of web, social, and print media. You should be able to engage in technical conversations as well as synthesize and summarize information. You’ll help generate content for our blog and resellers as well as sample deliverables for prospective deals. The position will require a strong candidate who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, is a highly motivated self-starter, and possess the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. An eye for good design, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Experiences in scientific journalism, content marketing, social media, and web design are pluses.
Skills: Website editing, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Hubspot (or equivalent).