Careers at Raptor MapsJoin our team.
Raptor Maps is Hiring
Solar power is the #1 source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, MIT-born startup that builds software to manage the solar lifecycle. We are deployed across 38 countries and 70 million solar panels. Our software enables the solar industry to scale.
We are looking for software engineers, customer support, salespeople, data analysts, and marketers to join our small, fast-paced team.
Some of the job openings we have right now are:
- Technical Editor & Content Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Backend Software Engineer
- Assistant Project Manager
See below for all of our openings!
Technical Editor & Content Manager – Solar Energy
About the Position:
We’re seeking a B2B editor, content strategist, writer, and content marketer who can bring their passion and interest in business, technology, and solar energy to Raptor Maps. We are a rapidly-growing global climate tech software startup based in Boston with remote employees throughout the U.S. We employ exceptionally talented teams working on groundbreaking software for some of the world’s leading green energy and renewable energy players.
- Manage our content marketing including conceiving of and writing thought leadership, blog posts, case studies, white papers, presentations, website pages, press releases, etc., much of which is very technical in nature.
- Become a world-class expert in all things solar energy.
- Research industry trends, competitors, and topics to inform writing.
- Interview Raptor Maps employees and clients.
- Understand clients’ unique needs and purchase motivators.
- Identify gaps in existing content.
- Determine and execute editorial plan and content calendar designed to attract sales leads and help them convert faster.
- Write content that differentiates Raptor Maps in the market and ties in with topical, industry trends.
- Ensure all content aligns with Raptor Maps’ marketing strategy, brand attributes, and tone of voice.
- Help drive organic search results. Research keywords and SEO best practices. Ensure that strategic keywords are included in copy.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy in content.
- Identify outstanding imagery to associate with content and social posts, including conceptualizing visually innovative ways to present data and craft infographics.
- Work with designers on graphic design of key deliverables.
- Use data to determine which content performs best and make future recommendations based on learnings.
- Develop strong relationships with other employees with whom you’ll collaborate to create content.
- Help identify ways to market Raptor Maps and disseminate content through innovative channels including industry and news outlets, as well as help discover new creative communication opportunities.
- From time to time, help manage other marketing channels such as email, social media, and PR.
- From time to time, help research other miscellaneous ideas for attracting qualified leads that may not be related to content.
- Assist with various administrative tasks related to marketing.
What We’re Seeking
- 3-10 years of experience as an editor, content strategist, writer, content marketer, researcher, or analyst.
- Outstanding portfolio of B2B writing samples.
- Ability to research and quickly understand new and rapidly evolving technologies and trends.
- Editorial mindset and understanding of what resonates with target audiences.
- Strong analytical skills – comfortable with data and numbers.
- Outstanding abilities in writing succinct, easy to skim, and engaging marketing copy required.
- Excellent English language grammar and proofreading skills are required.
- Proficiency in tools to track and measure results.
- Flair for visual design, photography, and creative data presentation.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Integrity and strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in a remote (work from home) environment.
- Experience writing in the energy, renewable energy, or solar space.
- Experience at a top national agency or consultancy.
- Basic understanding of common marketing concepts and methodologies.
- Understanding of organic search in particular.
- Fluent in Spanish, French, or Italian.
- We will also consider exceptional folks with a technical background in energy (analysts, project managers, etc.) who want to transition into writing.
- Location: Work remote, work in a Boston-based office, or take a hybrid approach.
- Note that the formal title for this position will be “Editor & Content Manager”.
About the Position:
Do you have a passion for managing multiple software teams to build high quality products and code that pushes the bar? Would you enjoy being the first engineering manager with the opportunity to shape our team, engineering practices, and software stack? Are you interested in being part of a startup that is building game-changing software for the renewable energy future?
As we continue to grow we’re looking to hire our first engineering manager that can learn our system quickly, grow with us, enable our engineers to do their best work, help us build the team further, and set the bar for EM at Raptor Maps.
- You consistently guide several small engineering teams to maintain a healthy & productive maker environment
- You love enabling the engineering team to decide where to be along the slider of “hacky enough to test an idea quickly” versus “extremely careful that we enable systems to scale”… remember, we are a startup!
- When Product provides the “what”, you’re quick and excited to enable the engineers to provide the “how” and follow through to make sure the engineering team delivers
- You are excited to discuss architecture and technical direction and can roll up your sleeves to build, but you are also comfortable deferring to the engineers on the implementation
- You like having a tight feedback loop with your direct reports, which includes check-ins with technical leads, developers, quality engineers, and interns
- You enjoy determining engineering/product/design team structure and resource allocation to best achieve company goals
- You love analyzing data and empower engineers to do so when making strategic implementation tradeoffs, whether for a small feature or massive system-wide change
- You can recognize and encourage engineers into using good patterns and good code hygiene techniques that are easily understood and lead to a solid code base for a growing engineering team
- You have 2+ years of experience as a software engineering manager.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You have experience leading a software development team that balances multiple competing priorities
- You have experience collaborating with product managers and product designers to shape requirements and designs into technical specifications ready for iterative implementation by engineers
- You have experience recruiting exceptional engineers
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Javacript with React and React Native
- Amazon Web Services with a general theme or structuring system into many services to enable more technologies to be used
- Docker, CircleCI, Clubhouse
- ML workflow orchestrations tools
- MacOS fleet
Our team is based in Boston, MA, but this position is open to fully remote candidates, so please apply if you feel like you’re a fit, regardless of your location in the United States.
Backend Software Engineer
About the Position:
We’re looking for an incredibly talented software engineer with experience designing and building backend system architecture that involves a lot of data. You would dive right into our fast-paced, multi-faceted engineering team and play a vital role in our core systems that require scale.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain software
- Design, plan, and execute system architecture enhancements
- Contribute to individual and team projects by managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Train and mentor other team members on design techniques, process, and coding standards
- Prepare and lead architecture discussions and code reviews
- Problem solve with a team of developers and various stakeholders such as product management and leadership.
- You are highly self-motivated, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a motivated team
- You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology
- You are exceptionally thoughtful and knowledgeable with regards to how systems scale with increasing usage and data
- You have 5+ years of work experience on software development deployed cloud-based systems
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience building architecture on AWS
- Experience designing and building data pipelines at scale using distributed architectures
- Experience developing infrastructure and tooling to support a data-centric company
- Familiarity with machine learning and image processing workflows
- Strong understanding of geospatial data and experience with geospatial information systems (GIS)
- Track record of simplifying complexity and achieving success with ambiguous problems in a constantly changing and improving codebase
Assistant Project Manager
About the Position:
This is an ideal fit for someone looking to work at an early-stage startup and gain lots of valuable hand-on experience with data. In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with stakeholders at all levels of the solar industry; from technicians in the field to asset owners and financiers. You will be working within the operations team and closely coordinating with the software team to provide constructive feedback.
This is a full-time position with an initial three-month paid evaluation period and opportunity for growth into a Project Manager role.
Your responsibilities will be centered around assisting in the reception and delivery of projects for Raptor Maps. Daily tasks include:
- Confirmation of data quality with drone service providers
- Use GIS tools to create digital models of solar sites
- Manage analytics teams to ensure project deadlines are met
- QA/QC review of software output
- Finalize customer deliverables & analytics
- Communicate project details with customers
- Develop and improve existing systems
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication
- You are a team player
- You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology. You are passionate and curious about scaling the solar industry.
- You have strong time management skills and a knack for adapting to changing priorities and project needs
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree and have 1-3 years of work experience in customer success, project management, operations and maintenance, data analysis, or similar
- Experience working in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Experience with image processing tools, GIS mapping, or thermography
- Prior work or research experience in solar operations and maintenance, field technician work, or other related solar PV experience is a plus
- Hands-on experience flying drones is a plus
Solar Construction and Design Intern
About the Position
The construction intern will be responsible for quality control, data extraction, image analysis, and reporting of findings. The intern will work closely with the construction project manager as well as our product development team.Specific interests and talents include, but are not limited to unmanned aerial vehicles (drones), attention to detail, the global transition to renewable energy, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with any of the following are advantageous: CAD, GIS, image processing software, aerial imagery acquisition, drones, or renewable energy.
Please send an email with your resume to email@example.com with “Solar Construction and Design Internship” in the subject line.