Careers at Raptor MapsJoin our team.
Raptor Maps is Hiring
Solar power is the #1 source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, MIT-born startup that builds software to manage the solar lifecycle. We are deployed across 38 countries and 70 million solar panels. Our software enables the solar industry to scale.
We are looking for software engineers, customer support, salespeople, data analysts, and marketers to join our small, fast-paced team.
Some of the job openings we have right now are:
- Junior Accountant
- Backend Software Engineer
See below for all of our openings!
About the Position:
We are looking for an entry-level Business Operations Assistant to play an integral role in scaling Raptor Maps’ rapidly growing business. We are seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
The success of business operations directly impacts the revenue streams of the company. As such this role is an opportunity to join a high-growth tech startup and truly make an immediate impact.
- Assist in maintaining reporting tools and databases, and manage ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Prepare, verify, and dispatch invoices for sales or services rendered
- Manage and improve upon operational processes for accounts payables and accounts receivables
- Continually identify opportunities to improve overall productivity, leveraging automation and system improvements whenever possible
- Support various administrative tasks for all teams, including paperwork, contract review, and more.
- Assist in other special projects as required
- Extreme attention to detail and meticulous organization
- Adaptable team player who can juggle multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Technical aptitude, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and process-focused skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relentless problem-solver
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross-functionally with various teams
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus
Our team is based in Boston, MA, but this position is open to fully remote candidates, so please apply if you feel like you’re a fit, regardless of your location in the United States.
Backend Software Engineer
About the Position:
We’re looking for an incredibly talented software engineer with experience designing and building backend system architecture that involves a lot of data. You would dive right into our fast-paced, multi-faceted engineering team and play a vital role in our core systems that require scale.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain software
- Design, plan, and execute system architecture enhancements
- Contribute to individual and team projects by managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Train and mentor other team members on design techniques, process, and coding standards
- Prepare and lead architecture discussions and code reviews
- Problem solve with a team of developers and various stakeholders such as product management and leadership.
- You are highly self-motivated, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a motivated team
- You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology
- You are exceptionally thoughtful and knowledgeable with regards to how systems scale with increasing usage and data
- You have 5+ years of work experience on software development deployed cloud-based systems
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience building architecture on AWS
- Experience designing and building data pipelines at scale using distributed architectures
- Experience developing infrastructure and tooling to support a data-centric company
- Familiarity with machine learning and image processing workflows
- Strong understanding of geospatial data and experience with geospatial information systems (GIS)
- Track record of simplifying complexity and achieving success with ambiguous problems in a constantly changing and improving codebase
Solar Construction and Design Intern
About the Position
The construction intern will be responsible for quality control, data extraction, image analysis, and reporting of findings. The intern will work closely with the construction project manager as well as our product development team.Specific interests and talents include, but are not limited to unmanned aerial vehicles (drones), attention to detail, the global transition to renewable energy, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with any of the following are advantageous: CAD, GIS, image processing software, aerial imagery acquisition, drones, or renewable energy.
Please send an email with your resume to email@example.com with “Solar Construction and Design Internship” in the subject line.