Careers at Raptor MapsJoin our team.
Raptor Maps is Hiring
Solar power is the #1 source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, MIT-born startup that builds software to manage the solar lifecycle. We are deployed across 38 countries and 70 million solar panels. Our software enables the solar industry to scale.
We are looking for software engineers, customer support, salespeople, data analysts, and marketers to join our small, fast-paced team.
Some of the job openings we have right now are:
- Editor & Content Manager
- Assistant Project Manager
See below for all of our openings!
Editor & Content Manager – Solar Energy
About the Position:
We’re seeking a B2B editor, content strategist, writer, and content marketer who can bring their passion and interest in business, technology, and solar energy to Raptor Maps. We are a rapidly-growing global climate tech software startup based in Boston with remote employees throughout the U.S. We employ exceptionally talented teams working on groundbreaking software for some of the world’s leading green energy and renewable energy players.
- Manage our content marketing including conceiving of and writing thought leadership, blog posts, case studies, white papers, presentations, website pages, press releases, etc., much of which is very technical in nature.
- Become a world-class expert in all things solar energy.
- Research industry trends, competitors, and topics to inform writing.
- Interview Raptor Maps employees and clients.
- Understand clients’ unique needs and purchase motivators.
- Identify gaps in existing content.
- Determine and execute editorial plan and content calendar designed to attract sales leads and help them convert faster.
- Write content that differentiates Raptor Maps in the market and ties in with topical, industry trends.
- Ensure all content aligns with Raptor Maps’ marketing strategy, brand attributes, and tone of voice.
- Help drive organic search results. Research keywords and SEO best practices. Ensure that strategic keywords are included in copy.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy in content.
- Identify outstanding imagery to associate with content and social posts, including conceptualizing visually innovative ways to present data and craft infographics.
- Work with designers on graphic design of key deliverables.
- Use data to determine which content performs best and make future recommendations based on learnings.
- Develop strong relationships with other employees with whom you’ll collaborate to create content.
- Help identify ways to market Raptor Maps and disseminate content through innovative channels including industry and news outlets, as well as help discover new creative communication opportunities.
- From time to time, help manage other marketing channels such as email, social media, and PR.
- From time to time, help research other miscellaneous ideas for attracting qualified leads that may not be related to content.
- Assist with various administrative tasks related to marketing.
What We’re Seeking
- 3-10 years of experience as an editor, content strategist, writer, content marketer, researcher, or analyst.
- Outstanding portfolio of B2B writing samples.
- Ability to research and quickly understand new and rapidly evolving technologies and trends.
- Editorial mindset and understanding of what resonates with target audiences.
- Strong analytical skills – comfortable with data and numbers.
- Outstanding abilities in writing succinct, easy to skim, and engaging marketing copy required.
- Excellent English language grammar and proofreading skills are required.
- Proficiency in tools to track and measure results.
- Flair for visual design, photography, and creative data presentation.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Integrity and strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in a remote (work from home) environment.
- Experience writing in the energy, renewable energy, or solar space.
- Experience at a top national agency or consultancy.
- Basic understanding of common marketing concepts and methodologies.
- Understanding of organic search in particular.
- Fluent in Spanish, French, or Italian.
- We will also consider exceptional folks with a technical background in energy (analysts, project managers, etc.) who want to transition into writing.
- Location: Work remote, work in a Boston-based office, or take a hybrid approach.
- Note that the formal title for this position will be “Editor & Content Manager”.
Assistant Project Manager
About the Position:
This is an ideal fit for someone looking to work at an early-stage startup and gain lots of valuable hand-on experience with data. In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with stakeholders at all levels of the solar industry; from technicians in the field to asset owners and financiers. You will be working within the operations team and closely coordinating with the software team to provide constructive feedback.
This is a full-time position with an initial three-month paid evaluation period and opportunity for growth into a Project Manager role.
Your responsibilities will be centered around assisting in the reception and delivery of projects for Raptor Maps. Daily tasks include:
- Confirmation of data quality with drone service providers
- Use GIS tools to create digital models of solar sites
- Manage analytics teams to ensure project deadlines are met
- QA/QC review of software output
- Finalize customer deliverables & analytics
- Communicate project details with customers
- Develop and improve existing systems
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication
- You are a team player
- You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology. You are passionate and curious about scaling the solar industry.
- You have strong time management skills and a knack for adapting to changing priorities and project needs
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree and have 1-3 years of work experience in customer success, project management, operations and maintenance, data analysis, or similar
- Experience working in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Experience with image processing tools, GIS mapping, or thermography
- Prior work or research experience in solar operations and maintenance, field technician work, or other related solar PV experience is a plus
- Hands-on experience flying drones is a plus