Shading Inspection and Analysis
Identify problematic areas and where power loss is occurring for in-construction or operating PV systems.
The Shading Inspection and Analytics solution provides teams with data and file types needed to calculate PV system production loss due to trees or obstruction shading. Avoid estimating tree heights and future shading impacts with accurate height and distance measurements.
The Impact of Shading on a PV System
If there is shade on only a single panel, it can affect the power production of the entire string, depending on the wiring. Having insight into where shading is occurring throughout the day enables you to:
- Understand where the system loses power production
- Monitor future potential problem areas
- Begin to create a data-driven remediation plan
Find out how our deliverables support you below.
Increase Power Production
Through the inspection and deliverables.
- Learn where the trees and obstructions causing PV system shading are located
- Gain an understanding of all shading related performance loss occurring
- Obtain the data needed to efficiently create a remediation plan
- Deliverables breakdown the quantity, height, location, and distance of trees and obstructions causing shading on PV systems
Receive the Deliverables Your Team Needs
Deliverables are compatible with most softwares used to predict shading patters, including AutoCAD and Civil3D.
Standard Level Deliverables:
A fast and cost-effective aerial inspection that delivers the files necessary to create a shading impact forecast for a site.
AutoCAD (.dwg) or LandXML file of with site details and diagrams visualizing shading objects around the perimeter of site
Orthomosaic (.tif) with scale factor for CAD import
Comprehensive Level Deliverables:
Thorough deliverables and files to create an accurate shading impact forecast for a solar PV system.
Standard level deliverables plus:
- PDF report containing visualization of obstructions and table of height, width, and distance to array
- Digital Surface Model (.tif), Point Cloud (.las)
- 3D Mesh Bundle: Texture (.jpg), Mesh material (.mtl), 3D Mesh (.obj)
- Interactive map view in your Raptor App account
Breakdown the performance loss caused by shading today and create a data-backed remediation plan. We work with in-house drone programs and offer turnkey services to enable you to efficiently optimize your PV systems. Click the button below to get started with this solution.